Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Tasty seasoned mushrooms on top of crispy baked crescent roll dough. Easy and fast appetizer.
Make and share this Mushroom Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) package crescent roll dough
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Separate crescent roll dough into triangles.
- Place on baking stone.
- Pinch seems together.
- Toss mushrooms in melted butter to coat.
- Arrange mushrooms on top of dough.
- Sprinkle with cheese and Italian seasoning.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cut into wedges or squares.
These are so quick and easy, I usually have the ingredients on hand -- and can do for unexpected drop-ins. Think it MAY have come from an early TOH. Goes well with a meal, instead of biscuits. Thanks for posting, Ridgely. Janey
I just realized that I had not reviewed these. Have made them twice, the first time as written, the second time I made some adjustments that my family loved. First, did not use the Italian Seasoning, used Tony's Creole seasoning, salt and fresh ground pepper. Second, sauted thin sliced onions with the mushrooms. Third, used much more cheese than called for. My family loved them and asked for the recipe. One note - serve while hot because once they get cool they are not as good. I do not know if they reheat well or not as we had not leftovers.
I made this to use up some mushrooms and this was so good! I am embarrased to say I pretty much ate it all by myself, but it was worth it, I will be making this for my annual Halloween get together.Thanks grumpy!