Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you love mushrooms, and simple recipes, then this is for you! I personally like to use a jar of Garlic Alfredo sauce for this. Use the large jars.
- 1 lb alfredo sauce (your choice of brand)
- 8 ounces button mushrooms, sliced
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 portabella mushroom caps, sliced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- serve over hot pasta
- Clean and slice all the mushrooms, set aside in a bowl.
- Chop the shallots and garlic cloves, set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and add the mushrooms, and saute slowly until they start to "cook down" a bit.
- Add the shallots and garlic to the mushrooms, and cook a couple moments more.
- Add the bottle of Alfredo Sauce, and mix well with the mushrooms. Heat trough to finish cooking the mushrooms (about 10 minutes).
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over hot pasta.