Recipe by Terese
This is a really great vegetarian alternative to the traditional meat bolognaise and alot quicker to make.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 600 g mushroom caps, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (425 g) can diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large high-sided saucepan.
- Add onion and cook until soft.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes.
- Add tomato paste and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add wine and cook until reduced.
- Add tinned tomatoes, bay leaf and oregano.
- Season and cook for 8-10 minutes or until rich and thick.
- Stir through pasrsley and serve with spaghetti and parmesan.