Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a really great vegetarian alternative to the traditional meat bolognaise and alot quicker to make.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 600 g mushroom caps, diced
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (425 g) can diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a large high-sided saucepan.
- Add onion and cook until soft.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes.
- Add tomato paste and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add wine and cook until reduced.
- Add tinned tomatoes, bay leaf and oregano.
- Season and cook for 8-10 minutes or until rich and thick.
- Stir through pasrsley and serve with spaghetti and parmesan.
This was a wonderful recipe. Easy and fast. Will definitely make it again, but it was a bit too much oregano. I'll just cut that back from now on. Thanks!
Very nice vegearian bolognaise. I didn't have the water problem but I left it simmering quietly on the stove for a lot longer. Easy and yummy.
Very healthy, fast and easy recipe. I think the mushrooms watered things down a bit too much, I might consider cooking them quite a bit longer. Needed quite a bit of extra seasoning and cheese to give it some taste, but can't argue that it is healthy and low fat!