Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
from Homemade with Love
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces mushrooms, cleaned and chopped very fine
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 8 ounces spaghetti, cooked according to package directions
- freshly grated parmesan cheese, to garnish
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and onions and saute until both are golden. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until wine is reduced by half, about 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile set a pot over water over high heat and bring to a boil to cook the pasta.
- Stir the marinara into the onions and mushrooms, and bring back to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes or so.
- Drain pasta and add to the skillet with the sauce and toss well. Serve immediately, sprinkled with fresh grated Parmesan, if desired.