Recipe by Lainey39
I made this for Christmas Eve dinner and it is the best we've ever had! The meat came out so tender and flavorful. My husband loved the seasonings used on the beef tenderloin. The recipe is from Taste of Home. The meat needs to marinate for two hours (not included in prep time).
- 1 1⁄2 cups soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (3 1/2-4 lb) beef tenderloin
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cubed
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 4 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In large resealable plastic bag, combine soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add the beef; seal bag and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Rub the beef with garlic and pepper; place in a shallow roasting pan.
- Add broth to the pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 45-55 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145 degrees; medium, 160 degrees; well-done, 170 degrees).
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in small saucepan, melt butter.
- Add mushrooms and garlic; saute until tender.
- Add the cheese, Worcestershire sauce and caraway seeds; cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Stir in onions; heat through.
- Serve sauce with beef.
- This recipe will make 1 1/2 cups sauce.