Recipe by Mommabee
This is a wonderful flavoured rich soup - even if you dont eat blue cheese (I dont!) try it - great with crusty dinner rolls - enjoy !!
- 3 cups chopped mushrooms (approx 300gms)
- 100 g butter or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic or 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 cup fine chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ground pepper
- 3 cups chicken stock (or 1/2 chick stock mixed with 1/2 milk)
To finish soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup cream
- 100 -150 g blue cheese, crumbled (1 - 2 wedges)
- fine sliced mushrooms
- chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil or butter in large pan- stirfry garlic, onions.
- add mushrooms and cook for few minutes.
- Stir through flour, salt& pepper Pour in chick stock or milk mix and simmer 5 mins.
- Remove from heat& blend at least half of soup with blue cheese& cream or sour cream in blender or food processor.
- Mix this puree back in pan with remainder of soup and serve with sliced mushrooms, chopped parsley and some crubled blue cheese to garnish.