Recipe by chia
this can easily be dressed up with a puff pastry top, but is nice ganished with chives
Top Review by Lorac
Excellent! We had this tonight for a simple Sunday night supper. The brandy adds a richness and flavor that make this bisque superb. I made the recipe as directed using a combination of white and "baby bella" mushrooms. I reserved 1/4 pound of the sliced mushrooms which I added with the cream and topped each serving with a garnish of fresh chopped chives. Thanks chia, I have added this to my book of "Magic Tricks".
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sliced mushrooms, any variety
- 1 slice bacon, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cognac or 1⁄4 cup brandy
- 1⁄3 cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- in pot add chopped bacon, cook to render fat.
- add onions, garlic and celery, stir until softened.
- add mushrooms, cook until brown, 15 minutes.
- deglaze pan with cognac, add wine and reduce.
- add broth and simmer 30 minutes.
- puree mixture with hand blender or pour into blender in batches.
- return to heat, add cream, salt, pepper, do not boil.