1/2 Photos of Mushroom, Bell Pepper, and Cheese Omelet
1 hr 5 mins
Good combination of colors, textures, and tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped yellow onions
- 2 large mushrooms, chopped
- Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated monterey jack cheese
- 1To make the filling: In a nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- 2Add in the bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms; stir/saute for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- 3Add in Tabasco sauce and parsley; stir to combine; set aside.
- 4To make the omelet: in a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, salt, and pepper.
- 5Heat an 8-inch omelet pan over medium heat; add butter and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.
- 6When butter foams, pour egg mixture in all at once.
- 7Let set for about 20 seconds or until edges begin to cook.
- 8Using a spatula, gently lift edges of mixture and tilt skillet to allow uncooked egg mixture to flow underneath.
- 9Continue to do this until the top is almost dry.
- 10Spoon vegetable mixture over one half of the omelet; sprinkle MJ cheese over vegetable mixture.
- 11Fold the other side of the omelet over to cover.
- 12Let stand for a few seconds to let cheese melt.
- 13Turn omelet out onto a warmed plate; sprinkle with parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley and tomato wedge.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom, Bell Pepper, and Cheese Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (313 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 434.9
- Calories from Fat 311
- Total Fat 34.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.9 g
- Cholesterol 687.1 mg
- Sodium 979.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 24.4 g