Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Good combination of colors, textures, and tastes.
Make and share this Mushroom, Bell Pepper, and Cheese Omelet recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 tablespoons chopped red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped yellow onions
- 2 large mushrooms, chopped
- Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated monterey jack cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine
- grated parmesan cheese (topping)
- parsley sprig (garnish)
- tomatoes, cut into wedges (garnish)
- To make the filling: In a nonstick skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add in the bell pepper, onion, and mushrooms; stir/saute for about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add in Tabasco sauce and parsley; stir to combine; set aside.
- To make the omelet: in a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, salt, and pepper.
- Heat an 8-inch omelet pan over medium heat; add butter and swirl to coat the bottom of the pan.
- When butter foams, pour egg mixture in all at once.
- Let set for about 20 seconds or until edges begin to cook.
- Using a spatula, gently lift edges of mixture and tilt skillet to allow uncooked egg mixture to flow underneath.
- Continue to do this until the top is almost dry.
- Spoon vegetable mixture over one half of the omelet; sprinkle MJ cheese over vegetable mixture.
- Fold the other side of the omelet over to cover.
- Let stand for a few seconds to let cheese melt.
- Turn omelet out onto a warmed plate; sprinkle with parmesan cheese and garnish with parsley and tomato wedge.
This is a classic. Good for dinner or lunch as well as brunch.
I made this for my DH for breakfast today and he kept saying "I love this!" . You have a winner here! Thanks!
I often make an omelete for my Sunday Brunch and this was a very nice one. I used 2 eggs only and cheddar cheese inside instead of Monterray Jack Thanks NurseDi for yet another version of one of my favorites