Recipe by weekend cooker
a quick fixing meal, with tasty mushroom sauce, it goes good with toasted french, or italian bread.
Top Review by lazyme
Wonderful steak! I made this as directed with one small change. Since my tenderloin was so thick, I wrapped it with a piece of bacon to keep it a little moister while cooking. The sauce was wonderful and I thoroughly enjoyed this meal. Thanks weekend cooker for such a nice treat. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag.
- 5 (566.99 g) beef tenderloin steaks (1 1/2 inches thick)
- 14.79 ml minced fresh parsley
- 236.59 ml heavy whipping cream
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml salt
- 14.79 ml flour
- 88.74 ml butter, divided
- 340.19 g pre-sliced fresh mushrooms
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms in 3 tablespoons of butter, for 6 minutes, or till tender.
- Stir in flour, pepper, garlic powder, and salt until well blended.
- Gradually add the cream , bring to a light boil.
- Cook & stir 2 minutes, until thickened.
- Stir in parsley, and set aside.
- In another large skillet, heat remaining butter over medium heat.
- Cook steak for 6 minutes, or until meat reaches desired tenderness.
- Serve with mushroom sauce.