1/2 Photos of Mushroom Beef Stroganoff
From 2001 Taste of Home Annual Recipe cookbook. I haven't tried this yet, but recipe calls for 2 cups of sour cream - I'll probably decrease the amount to 1 or 1 1/2 cups when I make it. I'm guessing at the prep times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 680.38 g sirloin steaks, thinly sliced
- 453.59 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 304.75 g can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 473.18 ml sour cream
- 236.59 ml green onion, chopped
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml dried marjoram
- hot cooked noodles or rice
- 1In a large skillet, heat butter and oil over medium-high heat. Brown steak; remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- 2Add mushrooms; saute until tender.
- 3Return steak to pan.
- 4Add soup, sour cream, onions, thyme and marjoram; heat gently (do not boil).
- 5Serve over noodles or rice.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Beef Stroganoff
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 653.1
- Calories from Fat 462
- Total Fat 51.3 g
- Saturated Fat 23.5 g
- Cholesterol 154.9 mg
- Sodium 481.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 37.8 g