Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
originally from Taste Of Home Magazine 2001 modified for my family's taste I love this recipe because it takes about 20 min, has few ingredients, and my family adores it!! I generally serve it with some crescent rolls.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sirloin steaks, thinly sliced
- 1 (7 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups sour cream
- Worcestershire sauce (I use 1/3 cup)
- Brown steak in olive oil.
- Remove from pan and brown mushrooms.
- Return steak to pan (may want to drain).
- Add soup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Fold in sour cream.
- Heat gently--do not boil sour cream.
- Serve over rice or noodles--whichever you prefer!
This was very good and very easy. I was happy to find my store had beef tenderloin on sale, so I bought a piece of that and it turned out very tender - in spite of the brief cooking time. I also sauteed some onion and garlic with my fresh mushrooms, and cooked them and the beef in butter instead of olive oil. Used about a tablespoon of Worchestershire, and I have to say that about a cup of sour cream would have been enough to finish it. I thought that the two cups was a bit overwhelming and masked the other flavors. But - all in all - a keeper. Thanks!