Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
this camr from Mr. Food's quick and easy diabetic cooking
- 1419.54 ml water
- 2 (595.33 g) can condensed beef broth
- 453.59 g beef top round steak, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 226.79 g sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3.69 ml black pepper
- 236.59 ml quick-cooking pearl barley
- In a soup pot combine all the ingredients EXCEPT the barley; cover and bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the barley and simmer for 15 to 20 more minutes, or until the barley is tender.
This soup is very good. It has a lot of wonderful ingredients that mix together well to form a nice rib sticking hearty soup. Made for Summer '09 Bargain Basement tag.