Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
this camr from Mr. Food's quick and easy diabetic cooking
- 6 cups water
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed beef broth
- 1 lb beef top round steak, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup quick-cooking pearl barley
- In a soup pot combine all the ingredients EXCEPT the barley; cover and bring to a boil over high heat, reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the barley and simmer for 15 to 20 more minutes, or until the barley is tender.
This soup is very good. It has a lot of wonderful ingredients that mix together well to form a nice rib sticking hearty soup. Made for Summer '09 Bargain Basement tag.