Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I nice hearty lunch soup - created April 2005.
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef stock
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (6 ounce) package dried wild mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup pearl barley
- Pour broth into crockpot and add dried mushrooms.
- In a skillet sweat the onions in the butter ofer medium low heat.
- Once translucent, add the sliced mushrooms and seasoning to the skillet and sautee to desired texture.
- Put th onion mixture into the crockpot and stir in the barley.
- Cook on High for 3 to 4 hours until barley is the prefurred texture.
- Nice lunch servings are 1 cup.