- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄4 cups hot low sodium chicken broth or 2 1⁄4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- In microwave 3-qt casserole dish (bottom stacker), melt butter.
- Stir in carrots, celery, and onion; cook slightly.
- Stir in mushrooms; cook slightly.
- Add barley, salt, pepper, hot broth.
- Cook 15-20 minutes, or as part of stack-cooked meal.
- Just before serving, fluff with fork.