Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the American Heart Association cookbook.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sole fillets
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Sauté onion, parsley, and mushrooms in 3 tablespoons of the margarine, stirring constantly until onions are soft.
- Place half the fillets in a greased baking dish. Sprinkle lightly with pepper, and spread sautéed mixture evenly over fish. Top with remaining fillets, season with pepper, pour wine over all and dot with remaining margarine.
- Bake at 350 degrees F., uncovered, for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and drain, reserving the pan liquid. In a small saucepan, combine flour and milk. Add the reserved pan liquid and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Pour over the fish and bake 5 minutes longer. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
I followed the recipe exactly, and it turned out really well! It has a great flavor for a cold night, without being heavy. This was quick and easy - I served it over basmati rice. Thanks for the great recipe!