Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
These look great and I know they are delish but I don't know how simple they are to make. We had these at a cocktail party, sans alcohol. Found this on the internet.
- 1 (17 1/3 ounce) packagepepperidge frozen puff pastry, 2 sheets, thawed, pkg directions
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped mushrooms
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 4 ounces chive & onion cream cheese, softened
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Thaw pastry sheets at room temperature, according to pkg directions.
- Mix egg and water.
- Cook bacon in skillet until crisp.
- Pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Add mushrooms, onions, garlc and thyme and cook until mushrooms are tender and liquid evaporates.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in Swiss cheese and cream cheese.
- Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface.
- Roll each sheet into 12" square and cut into 16(3") squares.
- Place 1 tablespoon mushroom mixture in center of each square.
- Fold squares to form triangles.
- Press edges to seal.
- Place 2" apart on baking sheet.
- Brush with egg mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.