Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Great on a buffet table, and a great pate for people who hate liver!
Make and share this Mushroom-Bacon Party Pate recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs fresh mushrooms, chopped very fine
- 1⁄2 lb bacon (or more, to taste)
- 2⁄3 cup onion, chopped very fine
- 2⁄3 cup celery, chopped very fine
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped very fine
- 2 cups dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, dried
- 1 tablespoon oregano, dried
- 1⁄4 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Fry the bacon and crumble it as fine as possible.
- Reserve some of the grease.
- Chop the mushrooms, onion, celery, and parsley as fine as possible.
- A food processor works best, but you can do it by hand if need be.
- Saute the onion and the celery in the bacon grease until soft, then remove from the grease and drain.
- Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese slightly, and then beat in the eggs.
- Add all other ingredients to the egg/cheese mixture.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Grease a large loaf pan, line with foil, and then grease the foil.
- Pat the mixture into the loaf pan and cover loosely with foil.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours at 400 degrees F.
- Let cool completely before serving.
- This pate is actually best when refrigerated before serving.
- Serve with crackers or bread slices.