Air Force Mama's Note:
Adapted from the Midnight Baker
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups mushrooms, cut in half
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
- 1/2 cup seasoned flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4-1/2 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 1Pound chicken breast with a meat mallet between 2 sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap until meat is uniform thickness; about 1/4-inch. Cut into serving-sized pieces (2 or 3 pieces per breast).
- 2Heat the butter with *1* tbs of olive oil in deep, heavy skillet or saute pan over medium heat.
- 3Dredge chicken in seasoned flour. Add to hot oil/butter in skillet. Saute until golden on each side, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from pan.
- 4Add remaining olive oil to hot skillet. Saute mushrooms and garlic until mushrooms begin to brown.
- 5Add white wine to skillet, scraping up all the browned bits that are at the bottom of the pan (this is called "deglazing"). Bruise the fresh thyme by twisting it between your fingers or hitting it with the dull side of a knife in a few places. Add thyme to mushroom/wine mixture in pan.
- 6Add the chicken back to the pan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- 7Remove chicken from pan. Add the cream and heat through. Add the asiago cheese (if you like it strongly flavored, use 1/2 cup; not as strongly flavored, use the 1/4 cup--asiago is a powerful cheese and you can even use less for just a whisper of flavor. I like it strong so I used 1/2 cup).
- 8Cook, stirring constantly over low heat until cheese melts. Continue cooking until sauce is reduced by about 1/2. If you wish to skip the reduction step, you may thicken the sauce slightly with about 1 tbs instant flour or 1 tbs cornstarch mixed with 2 tbs water -- however, the reduction will taste better.
- 9Add chicken back to pan and heat through.
- 10May be served over any pasta.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom Asiago Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.5
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 128.6 mg
- Sodium 1072.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 29.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: