Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very special shrimp scampi made even more delicious with the addition of fresh sauteed mushrooms and marinated artichoke hearts. Serve over linguini or rice.
- 16 medium mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp (apprx 12-14 per lb)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Saute mushrooms and garlic in butter until almost done.
- Add shrimp and saute until cooked.
- Add rest of ingredients and heat through.
- Serve over pasta or rice.
Made this for a Lenten dinner and everyone really liked it. I added a splash of dry white wine and a couple of shakes of crushed red peppers to jazz it up just a bit. Passing this recipe along to my sisters - I know they'll like it too.