Recipe by Ms. Ayon's dishes
These circles of pastry are filled with a savory mushroom filling. Serve them hot from the oven, or cooled, with tea, cocktails or as an accompaniment to a first-course soupr or salad. De4liciossso!!!
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 (3 ounce) packagecream cheese w2ith chives
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- Saute mushrooms and onions in 2 tablespoons butter until mushroom juices have evaporated 4-5 minute.
- Stir in flour, salt, pepper and sherry, if used. Cook 2 minute until mixture is quite dry. Add the sour cream. Remove from heat and cool.
- Blend cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add flour, tarragon and salt. Mix until stiff dough forms.
- Divide dough into two parts. Wrap each in plastic wrap and chill for 30 minute.
- Roll chilled dough out to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut 32 rounds, 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Put 1 teaspoons of the filling in the center of half of the rounds. Cover with the remaining rounds. Seal edges by pressing with tines of a fork.
- Mix egg yolk and water, brush on turnovers.
- Bake at 375 degreesfro 15-18 minute or until lightly browned.