Recipe by Salmon of Doubt
This is a fast, easy and sinfully delicious recipe from a family friend. My mom usually doubles the recipe for parties -- it's a rare occasion when there's any left over. IMPORTANT NOTE: You MUST use butter! Margarine cannot be substituted!
Top Review by eandwwennerberg
Love this! Made it for an appe at a party. I used baby bella mushrooms and cut them into fours. I would dice mushrooms if making an appetizer, as a side dish just leave whole. Fantastic...can't wait to make it again and pour it over mashed potatoes!
- 4 (1/2 lb) packageswhole white button mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup butter (Must be butter! Margarine is too oily)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion salt
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 pint whipping cream
- 1 loaf French bread