Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wonderful with grilled steaks!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 12 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb cremini mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans beef consomme
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- In a skillet or large saucepan melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and garlic.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add Mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- While stirring add flour and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly add the consomme, red wine and Worcestershire.
- Cook for 5 minutes if you prefer a thinner sauce, up to 10 for a thicker sauce.
- Season with pepper.
- Serve in a gravy bowl.