Prep 45 mins
Cook 50 mins
I LOVE mushrooms. I found this recipe on Lactaid.com and modified it to the taste of my Lactose Intolerant boyfriend.
- 1 1⁄2 cups lactaid nonfat milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1⁄2 cup wild rice
- 1 medium potato, peeled and diced
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushroom
- 2 tablespoons unsalted margarine, divided
- 1 1⁄2 onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- In a small saucepan, cook chicken broth and wild rice until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soak mushrooms in hot water for 20 minutes. (You can try it with other types of mushrooms too.
- Drain mushrooms, reserving soaking liquid. Cut off mushroom stems and discard. Thinly slice mushrooms.
- In a 2 1/2 quart saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon margarine, add mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes. Place mushrooms in a small bowl.
- In the same pan, melt 1 tablespoon margarine, add onion, garlic, rosemary, thyme and salt and saute for 8 minutes.
- Add to the onion mixture the potato, beef stock and reserved mushroom soaking liquid. Cover and simmer until potato is very tender, about 13 minutes.
- Using a blender, puree soup until smooth. Return soup to saucepan. Stir in wild rice, mushrooms, and milk. Cover and simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors. Season with pepper.
made this tonight and liked it very much