Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a raw mushroom salad by Chef Jacques Pepin in his book, "Just Food My Way."
Make and share this Mushroom and Walnut Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms (preferably white button or cremini mushrooms)
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 -12 boston lettuce leaves, washed and dried
- In a bowl, combine mushrooms, walnuts, sour cream, green onions, lemon juice, salt, and pepper; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- To serve, arrange lettuce leaves to form a nest in 4 serving bowls; spoon mushroom salad into lettuce and serve.
I used Mexican crema for the sour cream and thinned it just a touch with kefir to make it a bit more mixable. This is an easy salad with most ingredients always in the pantry. I would not add walnuts again, they got soft and I did not care for the texture.