Recipe by threeovens
This is a raw mushroom salad by Chef Jacques Pepin in his book, "Just Food My Way."
Top Review by duonyte
I used Mexican crema for the sour cream and thinned it just a touch with kefir to make it a bit more mixable. This is an easy salad with most ingredients always in the pantry. I would not add walnuts again, they got soft and I did not care for the texture.
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms (preferably white button or cremini mushrooms)
- 1⁄2 cup walnut pieces
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 -12 boston lettuce leaves, washed and dried