This recipe features wild mushrooms which add a rich flavor. This is from Good Housekeeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/4 cup celery, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 8 ounces mixed wild mushrooms
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups frozen cheese tortellini or 3 cups fresh cheese tortellini
- 1In large pot over medium-low heat, combine olive oil, carrots, celery and garlic.
- 2Cover pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- 3Raise heat to medium, add tomato paste and stir 1 minute.
- 4Add mushrooms, broth, sherry, if using, thyme, salt and 2 cups water.
- 5Cover and bring to a boil.
- 6Add tortellini and cook 4 minutes or until tender.
- 7Makes 8 cups.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom and Tortellini Soup
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.3
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 22.6 mg
- Sodium 1099.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 10.5 g