Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe features wild mushrooms which add a rich flavor. This is from Good Housekeeping.
Make and share this Mushroom and Tortellini Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup celery, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 8 ounces mixed wild mushrooms
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups frozen cheese tortellini or 3 cups fresh cheese tortellini
- In large pot over medium-low heat, combine olive oil, carrots, celery and garlic.
- Cover pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Raise heat to medium, add tomato paste and stir 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, broth, sherry, if using, thyme, salt and 2 cups water.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Add tortellini and cook 4 minutes or until tender.
- Makes 8 cups.
Very easy and delicious! We used regular mushrooms and it turned out great.