Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is Shantha Thomas's recipe from the Thursday magazine dated 30/11/06-6/12/06. It won her a R.O. 30 Gift coupon to dine in a good hotel here in Oman. It's a too good recipe. Don't miss!
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup tofu or 1 cup cottage cheese, cubes
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted cashews, roasted
- 1⁄4 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄4 cup yellow bell peppers or 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup spring onion, cut into small lengths (only greens)
- 3 tomatoes, cut into flowers
- Roast tofu cubes in a non-stick pan by adding a few drops of oil and a pinch of red chilli powder.
- Stir carefully and do not break the cubes.
- Keep aside.
- In the same pan, add the remaining oil.
- Fold in mushrooms, ginger-garlic paste and all the masala powders alongwith salt.
- Stir-fry for a few minutes till the mixture dried.
- Note: Dont cook on slow flame cause this cause mushrooms to become mushy and overcooked.
- Add roasted tofu cubes/cottage cheese cubes and roasted cashews.
- Mix well.
- Take a wide dish and transfer the mushroom tofu stir-fry in it.
- Garnish and serve.