Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From our local paper, saving here to give a try. Times are estimated. Suggested you serve as a main with a green salad or as a side with grilled meat. The amount of parmesan is an estimate the recipe states "shaved parmesan to serve", as is pasta as the recipe states 1 bag cavatelli pasta (it comes in several sizes).
- 350 g pasta (cavatelli recommended)
- 60 g butter
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed or minced)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 large button mushrooms (cut into 5 pieces)
- 8 swiss brown mushrooms (cut into 5 pieces)
- 4 field mushrooms (cut into 8 - 10 wedges)
- 10 g porcini mushrooms (rehydrated in warm water for 20 minutes and sliced thinly)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper (or to taste)
- 3 teaspoons thyme leaves (fresh, chopped)
- 350 ml double cream
- 3 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup parsley (chopped)
- 120 g parmesan cheese (shaved to serve)
- Cook pasta as per packet directions (usually 10 to 15 minutes).
- While pasta is cooking melt butter and oil in a large frypan/skillet.
- Saute the garlic for a minute and then add the mushrooms and saute for 5 minutes, adding white wine as needed.
- Lightly salt and pepper at this stage, to assist with the flavours of the mushrooms leaching into your sauce.
- Add thyme and double cream, bringing the the sauce to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Add lemon zest and any remaining wine and continue to simmer.
- Drain the pasta and add to the mushrooms with the parsley, mixing well to cover the pasta with the sauce.
- This dish should be fairly wet, check for seasoning and adjust if required and serve immediately with shaved parmesan.
This is a really good pasta. I did think the lemon was a little overpowering but it was still great. I served as a side dish with grilled chicken and roasted veggies but even as a meat eater I would definitely enjoy this as a main dish with a salad as suggested. Thanks for posting!