Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 3 pieces pizza dough
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 slices prosciutto, sliced in strips
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, needles striped from the stem
- 1 lb assorted wild mushroom, such as crimini, portobello, shiitake, and oyster, coarsely chopped
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (4 ounce) logs goat cheese
- 2 cups shredded fontina
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated pecorino cheese
- Make the pizza dough as directed in the master recipe. Stick a pizza stone in the oven and preheat them to 500 degrees F.
- Coat a saute pan with the olive oil and place over medium heat.
- When the oil gets hazy, add the prosciutto strips, stir to render out the ham's fat and flavor. Toss in the garlic and rosemary, saute for a minute until fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms, cook and stir until they've released their moisture and are nicely browned, about 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Crumble goat cheese evenly on the crust, scatter sauteed mushrooms all around, and top with shredded fontina.
- Slide the pizza onto the hot stone in the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the crust is golden and crisp, and the cheese is bubbly.
- Before cutting the pizza into slices, grate pecorino over the whole thing!