Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Sauteed mushrooms and onions with a little Swiss cheese are stuffed in hamburger patties to create and exciting twist on a classic flavor combo!
Top Review by breezermom
Delicious! I love burgers topped with sauteed mushrooms and swiss, so this was a recipe made for me. I tried to stuff them too full, and next time I'll use more meat so the patties will be able to hold all that yumminess! Thanks for sharing.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon mccormick grill mates hamburger seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 lettuce leaves (optional)
- 6 tomatoes, slices (optional)
- condiments (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook and stir 4 minutes or until mushrooms have softened. Cool completely.
- Mix ground beef and hamburger seasoning. Measure twelve (1/4 cup) portions of beef. Shape into thin 4-inch round patties. Place about 1 tablespoon each of the mushroom mixture and cheese in cente of each of 6 patties. Top with remaining hamburger patties, pinching edges to seal filling. If necessary, lightly flatten with spatula.
- Grill over medium heat 4 to 6 mintes per side or until burgers are cooked through (internal temperature of 160°F).
- Serve burgers on toasted rolls. Garnish with desired condiments and toppings.