1/1 Photo of Mushroom and Swiss Chicken Skillet
This is an easy restaurant quality dish that you can make at home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup finely crushed butter flavored cracker (about 25 crackers, I use Ritz crackers)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I use seasoned salt)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (can use more)
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 slices ham
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 1In a bowl slightly beat the egg.
- 2In another shallow bowl combine cracker crumbs with salt, garlic powder, black pepper and cayenne.
- 3Dip chicken in egg allowing excess to drip off, then coat in the crumbs; set aside.
- 4In a large heavy skillet saute mushrooms in 2 tbsp butter until tender; remove and set aside.
- 5In the same skillet melt remaining 2 tbsp butter; add chicken and cook over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until chicken is done.
- 6Top each chicken breast with a ham slice, mushrooms, and a cheese slice.
- 7Broil for 4 inches from heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom and Swiss Chicken Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 449.8
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 177.6 mg
- Sodium 654.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 39.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: