Recipe by TattooedMamaof2
Boxes of oven-ready lasagna may contain 12 or 16 noodles. For 12 noodles use 3 per layer, for 16 use 4. If Swiss Chard is unavailable, use a 16 oz. pkg of frozen spinach.
Top Review by Lunarbean
So good! Hubby liked it so much. I made a few changes. I used boiled lasagna noodles (and not the no-cook). I cooked the mushrooms (sliced) and I added the chard when the mushrooms had cooked, and let them wilt. I made my own sauce. I used mixed cheese (Italian style) instead of mozzarela.
A definite make again!
- 1 lb swiss chard, well rinsed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb cremini mushroom, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (26 ounce) jar marinara sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 (8 -9 ounce) packageoven-ready no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring large pot of water to a boil. Remove stems from the Swiss chard leaves; cut stems into 1/2" lengths. Cut leaves into 1" strips. Add stems to boiling water, cover and cook 3 minutes. Add leaves, cover and cook another 3-4 minutes, until tender. Drain ad rinse under cool water; press out excess moisture.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over med-high heat. Add mushrooms, cook stirring occasionally, 3-5 minutes, until browned. Add garlic and crushed red pepper; cook, stirring about 10 seconds. Transfer to a bowl and stir in Swiss chard and 2 cups marinara sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together egg, ricotta, 1/3 cup Parmesan, salt and pepper in a bowl. Put 3-4 lasagna noodles in large bowl and cover with warm water; let soak.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spread about 1/2 cup marinara sauce in 9x13 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Place 3-4 dry noodles over sauce. Cover with 2/3 cup ricotta mixture. Top with 1 1/2 cups Swiss chard mixture. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella. Repeat layering two times.
- Lift soaked noodles from water, pat dry and arrange on top, cover with remaining marinara sauce. Tightly cover pan with foil.
- Bake 35 minutes and uncover. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and mozzarella. Bake uncovered, until noodles are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- NOTE: Lasagna can be prepared ahead to step 7 and refrigerated up to 2 days.