1/1 Photo of Mushroom and Sun-Dried Tomato Risotto
Are you looking for proof that a vegan entree can be rich, flavorful, and satisfying? Well look no further. This risotto, while a bit labor intensive, is well worth every minute you spend stirring. The servings are generous, so all you really need to make it a meal is some roasted asparagus or steamed broccoli. (From Vegan With a Vengeance)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup dried shiitake mushroom
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped shallot
- 3 cups thinly sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped sun-dried tomato
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- black truffle oil (optional)
- 1Bring broth to a simmer in a medium-size saucepan.
- 2Add dried shiitake mushrooms and simmer for about 2 minutes, until the mushrooms are tender.
- 3Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mushrooms to a plate.
- 4When cool enough to handle, coarsely chop them.
- 5Cover the broth and keep warm over very low heat.
- 6In a medium-size saucepan over moderate heat, sautee the shallots for about 5 minutes; add the cremini mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes, and cook until mushrooms are tender and most of the moisture has been released, about 7 minutes.
- 7Add the garlic, shiitakes, herbs, spices and salt; sautee another 3 minutes.
- 8Add the rice and stir with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes.
- 9Add 1 C of broth; stirring often, simmer until the liquid is absorbed, about 6 minutes.
- 10Continue to cook and stir, adding more broth by cupfuls, until the rice is tender and creamy and all the broth is absorbed. (If the rice is not tender yet but you are out of broth, keep adding water in the same manner as the broth until the rice is tender and creamy.).
- 11This should take about 30 minutes.
- 12Spoon onto plates and sprinkle some truffle oil over each serving if you like.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom and Sun-Dried Tomato Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 400.2
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 367.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried shiitake mushrooms