Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
I got this from Taste of Home German Recipes section. I love stroganoff, and this looks easy to put together (and tasty too!) using mostly stuff I always have on hand. Can throw this together in the morning, and come home to a tasty meal!
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 3⁄4 lbs beef top round steak, cut into 1-1/2-inch strips
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup onion and mushroom soup mix
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) jars sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced
- hot cooked egg noodles (optional)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, garlic powder, pepper and paprika. Add beef strips and shake to coat.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the soup, water and soup mix; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Stir in the mushrooms, sour cream, and parsley. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until sauce is thickened.
- Serve with or over noodles (if desired, this is how I always eat stroganoff!).
I had to make a few substitutions, including cooking equipment. I used ground beef instead of top round steak and a pint of fresh, sliced mushrooms instead of the jars. I also didn't have the onion and mushroom soup mix so used onion powder and a cube of beef bouillon. I cooked the ingredients on the stove since I ran out of time for the slow-cooker. The kids love stroganoff and they really enjoyed this meal. I felt it was a bit salty as compared to my standard recipe, probably because of the addition of the condensed soup. Thanks for posting! I'm going to keep it on my slow-cooker list. Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT6.
This is an amazing dish, and is great when you have a busy day. Just put it in the crock pot come back in 6-7 hours and it melt in your mouth. Although I have found this mix in to rice is actually really delicious. :)