Ex-Pat Mama's Note:
This is my favorite vegan risotto. It's a little fiddly, there is just no way to make risotto without a lot of stirring. All I can say is, this one is worth it. Simply delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the spinach in a bowl, pour the salt and lemon juice over all - then toss until every leaf is covered. Set aside.
- 2Heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Add the onion and stir until slightly browned, 4-6 minutes.
- 3Add the rice and stir until every grain is coated with oil and the rice begins to crackle slightly about 4 minutes.
- 4Add the garlic and mushrooms. Stir through.
- 5Pour the wine over all, stirring constantly until it is completely absorbed.
- 6Now the work begins: add the simmering vegetable broth a ladle at a time. Stir after each addition until the broth is completely absorbed. Continue in this way, not rushing, until the all the broth is incorporated into the rice - this will probably take about 20 minutes. The rice should be very slightly firm.
- 7Add the spinach to the risotto and heat through - 2 or 3 minutes.
- 8Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom and Spinach Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 391.9
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 426.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: