1/3 Photos of Mushroom and Spinach Quiche With Potato Crust
Mommy Diva's Note:
A great makeover quiche with loads of flavor but not the calories! Cook Yourself Thin tv. :) You can add any veggies you like - experiment - the key is the crust "replacement" and the lower fat - less oils/butters and creams.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb yukon gold potato, peeled and shredded
- 3 1/4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 5 ounces Baby Spinach, bagged
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 ounce gruyere cheese, shredded in a food processor (or on the large holes of a grater)
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Lightly grease a 9-inch glass or ceramic pie dish with 1/4 teaspoon oil. Toss potatoes with 1 teaspoon oil and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Press into an even layer in pie dish, up the sides like a crust. Bake until golden brown at the edges and dry, about 20 minutes. Let cool.
- 3Lower the oven to 325 degrees. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet, preferably nonstick, over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened and golden, about 5 minutes. Add remaining teaspoon oil and mushrooms and cook, stirring, until mushrooms release their liquid and most of the liquid evaporates, about 8 minutes. Add spinach and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper, and cook, stirring, just until spinach wilts, about 30 seconds. Let cool slightly.
- 4Whisk together eggs, milk and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and pepper. Spread the mushroom mixture in an even layer in the pie dish, and top with an even layer of the cheese. Carefully pour in egg mixture. Bake until firm around the edges but still wobbly in the center, about 20 minutes. Let cool, and serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom and Spinach Quiche With Potato Crust
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 111.1
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 74.2 mg
- Sodium 219.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 6.7 g