I got this light recipe (perfect for a spring-time brunch) from Health Magazine, March 2007.
Make and share this Mushroom and Spinach Frittata With Smoked Gouda recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Add spinach; cover and cook 1 minute or just until spinach is wilted.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, egg whites, 1/4 cup cheese, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Add spinach mixture; mix well.
- Pour mixture into an 8-inch round cake pan coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup cheese over frittata.
- Bake 30 minutes or until eggs are set in center and cheese has melted.
- Cut into 4 wedges.