A quick to prepare Asian-influenced salad which could be served as a main course or a side dish, from 'tossed: 200 fast, fresh and fabulous salads'. If any of your mushrooms are particularly large, quarter them or chop them to an appropriate size. Ideal for making on a busy week-night with a takeaway - or take out - roasted chicken. BTW, 7 oz = 200g; 14 oz = 400g. The lime and soy dressing could be made in advance.
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 7 ounces button mushrooms
- 7 ounces mushrooms, mixed, such as Swiss brown and shiitake, larger ones halved
- 14 ounces chicken, cooked, warm, shredded
- 7 ounces mixed salad greens
LIME AND SOY DRESSING
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan, add the mushrooms and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until the mushrooms have softened; toss the mushrooms in a large bowl with the shredded chicken.
- Combine all the lime and soy dressing ingredients in a small jug or bowl, mix well and pour two-thirds of the dressing over the warm mushrooms.
- Arrange the salad leaves in a serving dish and toss through the remaining dressing; top with the chicken and mushrooms and serve warm.