Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A quick to prepare Asian-influenced salad which could be served as a main course or a side dish, from 'tossed: 200 fast, fresh and fabulous salads'. If any of your mushrooms are particularly large, quarter them or chop them to an appropriate size. Ideal for making on a busy week-night with a takeaway - or take out - roasted chicken. BTW, 7 oz = 200g; 14 oz = 400g. The lime and soy dressing could be made in advance.
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 7 ounces button mushrooms
- 7 ounces mushrooms, mixed, such as Swiss brown and shiitake, larger ones halved
- 14 ounces chicken, cooked, warm, shredded
- 7 ounces mixed salad greens
LIME AND SOY DRESSING
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Heat one tablespoon of oil in a pan, add the mushrooms and cook over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until the mushrooms have softened; toss the mushrooms in a large bowl with the shredded chicken.
- Combine all the lime and soy dressing ingredients in a small jug or bowl, mix well and pour two-thirds of the dressing over the warm mushrooms.
- Arrange the salad leaves in a serving dish and toss through the remaining dressing; top with the chicken and mushrooms and serve warm.
Excellent! Even my husband - Mr. Ranch dressing and croutons loved it and said he'd gladly have it again. Used chili sauce (didn't have the sweet) and added green onions and slivered almonds. Thanks!
WOW not only delicious but very filling. I scaled this back to 1 serve and used porterbello mushrooms which I thickly sliced. I didn't have lime so had to used lemon juice but it was very tasty and very filling. I used a mix of baby salad leaves, a little grated carrot and some cherry tomatoes halved, a great lunch, thank you bluemoon downunder, made for ZAAR STARS TAG GAME.