Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Moist, filling breakfast.
- 15 ounces Egg Beaters garden vegetable egg substitute
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium shallot, diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced mushroom
- 1⁄2 cup diced ham slices
- 1 cup shredded colby-monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Saute shallots and mushrooms in butter until soft.
- Whisk egg beaters, egg and water in a bowl.
- Add 1/2 cup cheese, cilantro, parsley, chives, pepper, ham and sauteed shallots and mushrooms to egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Spray deep dish pie plate with cooking spray, pour in mixture top with the remaining cheese and bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
This was a very enjoyable, easy breakfast that was guilt-free! I made this a little differently from the directions. After I was finished sauteing in a an ovenproof skillet, I poured the egg mixture in and combined it, then popped the skillet in the oven (rather than transferring to a baking dish). It cooked up perfectly in 30 minutes! This was a nice way to use the Egg Beaters product. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2011.
this has everything that you will need in a breakfast . great breakfast try this one made for papa ds cooka thon