Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 10 ounces mushrooms, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups beef broth
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, to taste
- 2 scallions, sliced thin
- In a saucepan saut`e the mushrooms in the buter over high heat, stirring, until all the liquid the mushrooms give off is evaporated and stir in the broth and the water.
- In a small bowl whisk together the cornstarch, the soy sauce, and the vinegar until the cornstarch is dissolved and stir the mixture into the soup.
- Bring the soup to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the scallions and salt and pepper to taste and simmer the soup for one minute more.