Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick and easy italian dish fit for a week night rush. This dish is requested again and again!!
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 lb Italian sausage (hot or sweet, I use hot)
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups fresh spinach (or frozen)
- 13 1⁄4 ounces whole wheat penne
- 1⁄4 cup shredded romano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- Combine sausage, bacon, and onion in sauce pan. Cook until onion is soft and meat is cooked through.
- In separate pot, cook pasta according to directions.
- Add garlic, mushrooms, tomato sauce, oregano, pepper. Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Turn off heat. Add penne, spinach, cheese, and cream. Mix until well combined.
- Serve and enjoy.