Recipe by kimboleyanne
Add ingredients that you have on hand--bacon, ham, scallions etc, this is just a guideline. You can use a pie dish instead of a 9x9 square dish, but beware that it's going to puff up and possibly get messy. I imagine you can use crescent dough instead of biscuits too if that's what you have on hand.
Top Review by Naturelover
This recipe looks like a dish that i've been looking for. It was on a Jimmy Dean sausage package. It was excellent. I am going to save it and try it at a later date. Thank You, Thank You for posting it.
- 1⁄2 lb Bob Evans sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk, I use skim
- 4 ounces canned mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, I like seasoned salt
- 10 1⁄4 ounces Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage on stove. Drain grease, add mushrooms and set aside.
- Mix eggs, dry mustard, salt and pepper, cheese and milk in a bowl. Add sausage/mushroom mixture.
- Flatten biscuits in 9x9 square or round pie dish so they cover the entire bottom. Poke holes with fork in biscuit layer.
- Cover biscuits with sausage/egg mixture and spread out evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- **I put the broiler on low at the end just to make sure the eggs are cooked through and to brown the top a bit. Freeze any leftovers and warm in the microwave for a quick weekday breakfast.