Recipe by Lene
Spend a little time next to your cooker for a truly creamy, cheesy, mouth watering experience. Go on, it's worth it.
- 10 g dried porcini mushrooms
- 300 ml boiling water
- 25 g butter
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 300 g mixed mushrooms
- 300 g risotto rice
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 150 ml double cream
- 50 g parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the dried mushrooms in a heatproof bowl and cover with the boiling water. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat the butter in a large pan and add the salad onions, garlic and mushrooms with some salt and pepper and cook gently for 5 minutes until softened. Remove the mixture with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add the rice to the buttery pan and cook for 1 minutes. Drain the dried mushrooms, discarding the soaking liquid, chop roughly and add to the pan. Gradually stir in the stock, cooking for 15 miutes until the grains are almost tender and all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the reserved mushroom mixture, the cream and the parmesan cheese and cook for a further 5 minutes, until the grains are completely tender, cover and leave to rest for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the parsley, check the seasoning and serve.