Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices Italian bread, cut diagonally 1-inch thick & lightly toasted
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, roasted, cut in strips
- 1 ounce part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Coat a large nonstick skillet lightly with cooking oil, and place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add mushrooms; saute 4 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from heat; stir in Worcestershire sauce.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup mushroom mixture onto each bread slice; top each with one-fourth of bell pepper strips and 1 cheese slice.
- Place sandwiches on a baking sheet, and broil for 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Was looking for a sandwich to use leftover turkey and I had a pkg of mushrooms to use up quick and this recipe utilized these few ingredients with amazing taste. My roasted red peppers were still frozen so will definitely do again and follow recipe as written
We thought these were pretty good, though I think a little something extra might put them over the top. I am just not sure what that thing is. I added some seasonings to the mushrooms (garlic, Italian seasoning, and a little s&p at the end) and added a little bit of butter to the skillet while sauteing them as well. We used ciabatta rolls for the bread.
Yummy & simple