Mushroom and Rice Casserole There is nothing to say about this but quick, easy and very good! I got this recipe from a church cookbook about 30 years ago, and it has been a family favorite ever since.
- melt butter in a skillet on top of the stove and sauté onions until clear in the butter.
- then add in rice and fry the rice until well colored and slightly browned. (Its kind of like rice a roni).
- place mixture into a covered casserole dish.
- add consomme`.
- drop in the mushrooms and parsley; add salt and pepper to taste and bake at 350F for about 45 minutes until the mushrooms rise to the top of the rice mixture.
- uncover and mix the mushrooms and fluff the rice.
- Then serve!