1/1 Photo of Mushroom and Rice Casserole
1 hr 5 mins
Recipe Baroness's Note:
Mushroom and Rice Casserole There is nothing to say about this but quick, easy and very good! I got this recipe from a church cookbook about 30 years ago, and it has been a family favorite ever since.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1melt butter in a skillet on top of the stove and sauté onions until clear in the butter.
- 2then add in rice and fry the rice until well colored and slightly browned. (Its kind of like rice a roni).
- 3place mixture into a covered casserole dish.
- 4add consomme`.
- 5drop in the mushrooms and parsley; add salt and pepper to taste and bake at 350F for about 45 minutes until the mushrooms rise to the top of the rice mixture.
- 6uncover and mix the mushrooms and fluff the rice.
- 7Then serve!
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom and Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.1
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 1082.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 11.3 g