Recipe by Shawn C
Wonderful flavor side dish to accompany any meal.
Top Review by Boomette
I omitted the cayenne pepper because of my son. When I poured everything in the greased casserole, I added half a can of water to the rice on top. And it turned out perfect after 30 minutes. Thanks Shawn :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game
- 16 ounces button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups basmati rice or 2 cups white rice, raw
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- in microwave safe container place rice and broth, cover and cook on high 5 minutes.
- saute mushrooms, onions, garlic for 5 minutes in butter on medium heat until onions are completely done.
- mix canned soup with rice and broth and mix well until soup is blended. add salt and pepper to taste, pinch of cayenne, parsley to color and add definition.
- add in mushrooms and onions to dish and blend well.
- pour into sprayed casserole Cover with foil dish and bake 350* about 30-45 mintues.