Recipe by nemokitty
Found in 500 (Practically) Fat Free One Pot Meals from library.
Top Review by Roz W.
Oh man this was so good! I followed this recipe as it was written (except I had to use garlic powder since I didn't have the real stuff and threw some chicken in there for my hubby). Definitely will be making this again!
- 7 1⁄4 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pearl barley
- 2 cups canned tomatoes, low sodium, drained and chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1/4 cup broth in large pot. Add onion and garlic and saute until onion begins to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until all ingredients are tender, about 50 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves and serve.