1/1 Photo of Mushroom and Quinoa Pie
1 hr 30 mins
Lani D's Note:
From the courier mail 'body and soul' lift out. Another 'yet to be tried' recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600 g brown button mushrooms, halved
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup pine nuts, roasted
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1 1/2 tablespoons arrowroot or 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup parsley
- 1Sauté onion, green onions and garlic in the olive oil for 2 minutes until the onion is translucent. Add the mushroom and sauté for 5 minutes.
- 2Add the stock and half the pine nuts and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 3While the mushrooms are cooking, rinse the quinoa in water then add it to the pan with 2 cups of water.
- 4Bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the grain is tender and the water is absorbed.
- 5Remove from the heat.
- 6Chop remaining pine nuts and add to the pan.
- 7Mix the miso paste and kuzu (arrowroot) in the water and stir until smooth. Pour into the mushroom mixture and stir until it thickens slightly. Stir through the parsley and remove from the heat.
- 8Pour the mushroom mix into an ovenproof dish. Top with quinoa and back in an oven for 20 minutes at 160°C.
- 9Serve with stir fried spinach or Asian greens.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mushroom and Quinoa Pie
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.6
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 180.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: