Cook1 hr 30 mins
From the courier mail 'body and soul' lift out. Another 'yet to be tried' recipe.
Make and share this Mushroom and Quinoa Pie recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 600 g brown button mushrooms, halved
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 1⁄3 cup pine nuts, roasted
- 3⁄4 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons arrowroot or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup parsley
- Sauté onion, green onions and garlic in the olive oil for 2 minutes until the onion is translucent. Add the mushroom and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and half the pine nuts and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, rinse the quinoa in water then add it to the pan with 2 cups of water.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until the grain is tender and the water is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat.
- Chop remaining pine nuts and add to the pan.
- Mix the miso paste and kuzu (arrowroot) in the water and stir until smooth. Pour into the mushroom mixture and stir until it thickens slightly. Stir through the parsley and remove from the heat.
- Pour the mushroom mix into an ovenproof dish. Top with quinoa and back in an oven for 20 minutes at 160°C.
- Serve with stir fried spinach or Asian greens.
Fantastic!! I made this but omitted the parsley, filled up hollowed out kaiser rolls with it, and topped it with a some parmesan and gouda cheese. Threw it in a 350F oven for about 5 minutes. Delish! I also used 2 cups of pre-cooked quinoa, and omitted the 1.5 cups of water.
Really great tasting! I was expecting a "pie" to be more like something sliceable, and this isn't that. It's more like quinoa with mushroom sauce. Nothing wrong with that, just know what to expect. Thanks LaniD!