Recipe by Sweet Southern Bell
A very good soup,not only myself but my 4 kids liked it also. I got the recipe from my daughter's high school in Oregon. The taste comes from the Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice.
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons salt and dash pepper
- 5 cups water
- 1 dash top with chives
Directions See How It's Made
- In large, heavy nonstick kettle or dutch oven, cook mushrooms and onion in margarine 5 minute.
- Stir in flour and cook 2 minute.
- Gradually add 5 cups water, cook, stirring until mixture thickens and boils.
- Add remaining ingredients except chives. Cover and simmer 45 minute or until potatoes are tender.
- Garnish with chives.