Recipe by Sackville
This Mushroom and Pea Curry is designed to be served as a side with three or four other Indian dishes, but I like it served over rice just as well.
Top Review by Aunt Cookie
Great recipe! When I first prepared it, it was a little too soupy for me (and that was even after I had boiled it considerably longer than the recommended 5 minutes). However, I portioned out the leftovers with rice and found that I enjoyed the leftovers much more. The rice had soaked up the extra sauce...it was really tasty. I'm certain that I'll be making this again...thanks for sharing!
- 350 g mushrooms, quartered
- 2 -3 green chilies, sliced and seeded
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 150 g fresh peas or 150 g frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander
- 300 ml chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche or 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, until very hot.
- Add the cumin seeds and sizzle for 10 seconds.
- Add the garlic, mushrooms, ginger and chillies.
- Cook, stirring until the mushrooms turn silken.
- Put in the ground coriander and garam masala and stir for 30 seconds.
- Now add the tomato purée, salt, peas and fresh coriander, and water or stock.
- Stir well, bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for five minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream and cook gently for one more minute.
- Eat immediately, either over boiled basmati rice or as a side dish with other indian dishes.